An independent, open forum for reports and opinions about life in our city.
Q: How do I write a post?
A: Follow these steps…
- Register an account.
- Click on Write a post in the left sidebar of the home page.
- You should find yourself at a screen where you can enter the title and content of your post. Hover over the buttons for short descriptions of what they do. There is also a tab for editing the post HTML, but don’t worry about that if you don’t know what it is.
- Once you have entered your title and content, you can add tags and categories to help other people find your post later.
- Click “Save” to save your draft and continue editing later. Or click “Submit for Review” to have your post reviewed by a moderator.
- You should soon receive an email confirming your post submission.
- If the moderator approves, your post will show up on the homepage!
- Finally, you should soon receive an email confirming the action taken on your post.
Q: How do I submit an event to the calendar?
A: Write a new post and make an entry in the “Event Editor” section of the post edit screen.
Q: What do the columns “Editor’s Picks” and “Latest Posts” on the homepage mean?
A: New posts approved by our moderators immediately go into the “Latest Posts” column on the right. Afterwards, an editor may promote a post to the left-hand “Editor’s Picks” column. More recent posts appear above older ones.
Q: What is this blog’s moderation policy?
A: We do not intend to limit the range of views expressed on Somerville Voices, but we do ask visitors to respect our moderation policy.
Q: Why should I register for an account?
A: While you do not need to be logged-in to leave a comment, you must log-in to write a post.
Q: What if I have other questions, comments, or suggestions?
A: Email us at info@SomervilleVoices.org .