by David Dahlbacka in All Ages, Assembly Square, Beat Reporter, City Finances, Development and Zoning, Events, Orange Line, Somerville By The Numbers
Posted on March 20, 2011 at 3:47 pm
Last Modified on April 3, 2011 at 9:09 pm
|March 31, 2011|
|6:00 pm||to||9:00 pm|
Thurs. Mar. 31 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Somerville City Hall
93 Highland Ave.
Somerville MA (map)
This is a Public Hearing before the Board of Aldermen for public input regarding the Mayor’s request to authorize the city to borrow $25,750,000 in a bond for the cost of implementing the Assembly Row DIF District and Development Program. The hearing is called on by Alderman Maryann M. Heuston, Chairman of the Committee on Finance.
If Assembly Row is not developed to produce a high enough tax base, the city could end up repaying this bond from general funds.
For more information, see:
- Staff Report: W-ZHA Fiscal Impact Report (PDF)
- W-ZHA Report: Fiscal Impacts of Phase I of Assembly Row (PDF)
- DIF Tri-Party Agreement (PDF)
- Staff Report: DIF Bond Authorization (PDF)
- Assembly Row District Improvement Financing Program.