My neighbor, Dave, got so fed up with the unfairness of Somerville’s parking regulations, he started an online discussion group to collect stories of similarly aggrieved residents.
So far the stories touch upon a variety of issues, including:
- 48 hour rule
- The high cost of the tickets as compared to other cities
- Traffic & Parking’s (T&P) lack of evidence to defend its tickets
- The high cost and difficulty of contesting a ticket
- The large backlog of contests to parking tickets
- The city’s view that its Parking Control Officers are infallible
- Unfair enforcement following snow storms
- Tickets from night street cleaning
- Unclear, inadequate parking signs
A group dedicated to people fed up with the over aggressive Parking Control Officers. We have heard too many stories from people complaining about the unfair practices that have gone on. We figured it was time to get people together. Hopefully we can make some changes.
Do you think Somerville’s parking system is unfair? How should it be fixed?